Friday, September 28, 2007

Using our Blog

My goal and desire for this blog is that it can be used as a tool to discuss what we have been talking about in our Bible study. At the bottom of each blog you will see a comment section. All you have to do is click on the word comment and it will bring you to a different screen. On this screen you can leave comments, ask questions or leave suggestions to me. I will be checking this daily. You can comment on here anonymously or you can attach your name, either way, I promise I will respond to you.
I'd like to keep the discussion going from the time you leave my house till the time we meet again.

Also, I'd like to know what are some things that you would like to discuss at future Bible studies? I'm open for suggestions.

I will be out in Oregon on business from Sunday til Thursday so if I'm not responding or writing on here you will know why. Pray for me...I HATE FLYING!!!!!

Have a great weekend and next week :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh My Goodness! I am so excited about this Bible Study. The lesson really hit home w/ things that we deal w/ everyday. I remember being in high school and there would be something I would be dying to have(i.e. a pair of Abercrombie jeans). My mother would always make me wait until the next day to take me to get them to teach me that I couldn't have things the second I want them. Even at that, I can clearly remember being ABOLUTELY miserable until I got them. And I was waiting less than 24 hours. Now that I'm older, I still desire nice things but I am not constantly worrying about when I will get it or being distraught until I have it in my posession. I believe the earlier on in life you can realize the value of money and what kind of role it should play in your life, the happier you will be. Its wonderful to have nice things and enjoy nice things, but do you enjoy them MORE than anything else? I am being honest when I say that sometimes its hard not to. Always come back to the One who provides us the means & resources to get our needs/wants. Tami's statement that between the things in her house and the opportunity to sit w/ God in that house-she would take the opportunity to sit w/ God and lose everything else. AMAZING!

I'm trying to rack my brain for other study topics...any ideas?

Meli said...

I loved this Bible Study and I had so much fun. The lesson was awesome because I have recently become aware of how much I have been materialistic and I've been trying to take a step back recently and see what I really need and what I honestly don't need.

Hmm...an idea for another study. Well I've been thinking and sort of studying true worship and what worship really is so that could be a cool topic.